Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Love To See The Temple

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there some day
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

I grew up singing this song and dreaming of being in one of the lovely buildings.
When I was 12 I went inside for the first time to do baptisms for the dead at the Provo Utah temple and I can still remember how excited I was. Through out my teen years I was able to go to Jordan River and the St. George temple. As an adult I have been in the Logan, Manti, Cardston, Salt Lake, Mt. Timpanogos, Ogden, Monticello, and Boston.
I have also seen in person many other like Palmyra, Los Angeles, Idaho Falls, Calgary, Chicago, Laie Hawaii, and probably some I am forgetting.
I have been blessed to have seen and felt the spirit at all of these places.

Wednesday March 11 I was able to take my four kids to the Draper Temple open house. I hope that they felt the spirit and saw more than just the amazing art, marble from Italy, or wood from Africa. I hope that they saw a future for then in those sacred walls. A place to grow. A place to make promises to the Lord and receive blessing from Him. A place to become more than what they are now. And considering how special they are now... that is pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Adam and I had a chance to talk in church the day of the Draper Temple dedication, and it was so interesting to me as I did my research for my talk. I know that there are now 129 operating temples around the world, but what baffled me is that 100 of those have been dedicated since I was born! I mean, I know I'm not SUPER young, but I certainly don't feel THAT old. I couldn't believe how much the church has grown even in that amount of time! I'm so glad to live on the earth in these days when the blessings of the temple are available to us... and here in Utah, even just minutes away. Incredible, isn't it?

counter