Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finley Wedding

My baby sister got married! I can't believe it. When I got married she was eight and now my ten year old is going to her wedding. She was absolutely beautiful and beaming the whole day.

Here are my kids waiting for Joey and Emily to come out of the temple


Everything went smoothly as far as Emily and Joey knew. We did have a couple mishaps. Teri got sick during the ceremony and was barely able to keep her breakfast down, Isabel spilled a full glass of water on the woman across the table from her at lunch (sorry again Stacy Shaha), and Maya threw up on three guest open toed shoes at the reception. I think it is those mishaps that make it memorable for me. Everyone laughed it off and could see the humor in it.



It was great to spend that day and the days surrounding with the whole Smith family; Chad and Teri family (that moved shortly after to the East coast), Sean and Spring family from Florida, Doug and Joanna family from Georgia, and now Joey and Emily. The cousins all had a great time. Tate and Brynn have a very specail bond. He really misses her now that she has moved.

The very best part of the wedding was seeing Emily so happy. I have loved Joey for years. Having him join the family was a formality as far as I was concerned.

No comments:

counter