Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hello me

My sister is texting me to update the blog. I have been a bit neglectful. So many little events in our life have been going on. Gentry is home! After a month of being in Wash, DC for work he got back to us and we were so glad. Everyone missed him. So we had a lot of catching up to do.

I look back on everything I have gone through in the past month and can see now how much I was blessed. Because Gentry was away I saw the signs of depression quickly and called the doctor right away. If he was here I think I would have just blamed the moodiness on pregnancy and made excuses to myself. I also had to get going everyday. If he was here, I would have pulled the covers over my head and had Gentry help get everyone ready and to school. I would not have eaten as well as I did because I would have made Gentry take care of food for the kids and just have gone hungry. I was the only parent here and I had to think about all that everyone else needed. Although that added to my stress, it gave me a purpose.

I am back to being me. About three days after my last post I found myself singing to the radio and loving the feel of the sun on my face. I caught myself and thought, "oh yeah, this is what it feels like to be me." I hadn't even realized the pieces that were missing until they were coming back. It is good to be back to myself. The head aches left about the same time the depression left. It is a blessing to be living in a day and age when I can take medication to feel like myself.

3 comments:

Me said...

Yea!!! Funny--I noticed myself singing music too when I "came back"---kind of interesting! I"m so glad you're feeling better :)

Mary P.

Joanna said...

yeah! you're back! Glad you're back to your happy-cheery self. We can't wait to see you in December!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I'm so glad you are feeling like yourself again :) That makes me happy :)

counter