Monday, November 2, 2009

Get Away

I took a little trip just to get away. I just wanted to not have to think about carpooling or dishes, laundry or faces to wipe. I wasn't trying to get away from the kids or hubby, just wanting to get away from all that goes along with it.
So for three days I headed to Park City with Jacey. It was fabulous! We stayed at the Marriott Hotel. Our room was beautiful and the location was central to everything we wanted to do.
Monday we walked main street. We went in the Family History Center and got some great suggestions of places to eat and where the movie theaters were. I got some "stocking stuffers" and a cool shirt from the Harley Davidson store for Gentry. We had a late lunch and then went to "Whip It" the roller derby movie out right now with Ellen Page. It felt so good to be sitting in an empty theater with popcorn and a slurpee at four in the afternoon. (Especially after calling Gentry and hearing Isabel throwing a fit in the background.) We then checked into the hotel, relaxed and then went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The night was spent talking and relaxing in bed.
Tuesday we slept in and only got up when we had to in order to make it on time to our pedicures. He had the best pedicure I have ever had with a foot massage and mud wrap. It was a two hour experience of pure bliss. Then off for lunch and some shopping at the outlet stores. I got the kids the cutest Sunday clothes for winter. I can't wait to take pictures of them all in them. Then off for another movie. This time we went to "Fame". I wasn't expecting much from this because it got really poor reviews but I surprisingly liked it. It wasn't realistic in any way but a fun, up beat film that Gentry would never want to see. Perfect for my day off.
Wednesday was another slow starting morning, and then we headed to Salt Lake. I took Jacey to one of my favorite baby boutiques and then we looked for something we could wear to an event we were both going to that weekend. We ended our time together with more food. Lunch at Red Butte Cafe. I had the most delicious fish tacos.
The time left me feeling happy to head home and appreciative of Gentry who thought it was a great idea to take some time to myself while he was Mr Mom. I had the best time and want to make something like this a yearly tradition.

6 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I'm totally jealous reading your post :) That sounds absolutely fabulous! Nick and I stayed at that Marriott a couple of years ago on a little getaway for my birthday. Park City is great!

Mel said...

Next year count me in!! Sounds AMAZING to me!! Glad you guys had a good time! You both deserve it that's for sure! ;)

Lora Gooch said...

I want one of those. I'm so jealous. You definitely needed a few days just for you. I miss Park City.

Joanna said...

can I come next year?!

Williamson Fam said...

How fun, good for you, i need of of those trips but alone with my hubby,,,So glad you had a blast..

Kayla said...

April that's WONDERFUL!! I'm so glad you guys got to do that.

Love, Kayla

counter