Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Week with Stuff To Do

This week has gone by pretty slow but my schedule was pretty full. This is a blessing because I needed a reason to get going. Tuesday and Thursday morning I taught our little neighborhood preschool. Tuesday night I went VT-ing and then again Wednesday morning. I meet with some of the neighborhood gals Tuesday, Wednesday night I went to a movie viewing with a bunch of my book club girls. Thursday I made dinner for a ward member (thanks for your help and company Janette) and then since their was so much of it, I shared with a couple others. Friday I went to Pioneer Memorial Theater with my parents and grandma that is in town from Canada. And then today I visited with Jen, a friend I spent the summer with. I am so grateful for a week with things to do. If not, who knows if I would spend my days in my jammies and for everyone to end up eating cereal three times a day. Yuck! It is much better this way.
I haven't really seen an improvement in my mood since starting Prozac on Monday but I think it is suppose to take some time. I have had the dull head ache everyday since, but I am still not sure what to blame that on. I am sleeping better. I still cry very easily. I have made more of an effort with the kids. I try not to snap and I give then the attention they need even when I don't feel like it. I am just a lot more aware. Hopefully I see the effects kick in soon. I am ready.

2 comments:

Laura Ross said...

I haven't been reading blogs for a while, I just wanted to thank you for being so honest. Please call me if you want a sitter or just someone to go on a walk with. I love your children, I have taught all of them except Peaches and they are awesome, you are a great mom! Isabelle was great today and so sweet! Take care.

Kayla said...

Dear April,

You are so sweet, and my heart goes out to you. You are such a wonderful person- don't beat yourself up too much. As an old high school teacher once said to me, "Stop kicking yourself- if your bottom needs a kickin', I'll do it for you!" :) I love you, April. Feel free to call me sometime- we'll chat.

counter