Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
This like most is my favorite time of year and each year I still feel the same excitement and love for the season. I am looking fore ward to Christmas Eve when Kevin and Robin will be here to celebrate here for the first time. We are planning on making goodies all day, cutting out snowflakes, playing chimes, reading and acting out the nativity, having yummy food, and then kids to bed so they can wake early and happy for the rest of the day.
Christmas day is full of traditions. We will wake and no one will be allowed to go downstairs until everyone is together and we are able to give a prayer of thanks. Then from youngest to oldest (this year that will be Kevin) we will march down the stairs to see what Santa brought. After a couple hours of that play we will have Swedish Pancakes for breakfast adorned with Marion berries and homemade whipped cream. After clean-up it will be present time. We open presents one by one, taking breaks whenever requested by the kids to play with the toy in hand or try on what ever outfit they received. This goes well into the afternoon because no one is in a rush. We laugh and have Christmas music playing, the fireplace is glowing but nothing is as warm as our hearts. After the gifts are opened we will prepare for a sleepover at Grandma's. I think I will let each kid choose one gift to take with them and I will try no to forget the camera. At my mom's we will have a Christmas feast where everyone eats too much and leaves the table moving just a bit slower but completely satisfied.
It is a wonderful time of year. I hope your holiday is as good as ours and full of peace.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

WISH WE WERE THERE!!!

Chase and Stefanie said...

Hi April, please keep me informed if you go private. I love looking at your blog. e-mail me please anytime-- chase270@hotmail.com . love ya sweety, Aunt Stef

counter