Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Christmas Tree

It is amazing how one small event can bring a rush of memories from our youth. Shopping for a Christmas Tree is one of those events. Last week we went took the family in search of the perfect tree. We went to one of those little places that sell trees in an empty lot. Upon opening the door of our car the smell of evergreens and a wood fire tingled my senses. The kids got out excited and hopeful for a perfect tree. Gentry was hoping to get out of there for less than fifty bucks. I was hoping there would be no fighting or crying. We looked around and it soon turned into a game of hide and seek of where everyone was. I would go down one isle, following Tate, while Peach was an isle behind me. Why fight it? So the kids went wild and I just said be careful. I found Gentry and we started looking together, but they all looked good and so we rallied the kids and had them choose the closest one. I waited by the fire and the man who was selling the tree’s made a fresh cut, and then trimmed it up to our liking. He helped load it onto the car while the rest of us piled in and on the way home we listened and talked over Christmas songs. Everyone’s dreams came true and I hope we will all remember this event for Christmas’ to come.

8 comments:

Celise said...

Hi April! You guys are all so cute. I don't check out all the family's blogs as often as I would like, but I sure enjoy them when I do. I love to be able to see how people are doing (and how fast the kids are growing!). Maybe some day I'll actually start me own. :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you guys and love you all. I hope you have a great Christmas!

Anne said...

Merry Christmas April, glad you found the perfect tree. You've had some fun changes since I left--2 girls in addition to your 2 great boys! They're all so cute.

Sorry Gentry had to battle a sting too--no fun. I'm so grateful it wasn't one of the kids. Were you living in CA recently or on vacation? It's been a change to live here but we're enjoying it.

Me said...

That's awesome! I have memories like that too. I'm glad everyone's dreams came true.

Mary P.

Joanna said...

So fun! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kelly and Jill Burk said...

So jealous that you have a real tree. Good for you guys, that is a wonderful tradition for you and your family.

Stacy and Justin said...

I love real Christmas Trees, especially the smell! I'm Jealous!

Lora Gooch said...

love getting the Christmas tree! It's one of my favorite traditions. Just can't beat a real tree.

Jacey said...

Fun traditions! What a great memory for your kids!

counter