Monday, April 20, 2009

All I Want for Christmas...

Tate and Court were playing in some sand that was on the side of my house on Saturday. They got the hose out and started making dirt clods. Then, once you had dirt clods what else are you going to do then throw them at each other? Ten minutes later I heard screaming. I ran out to see what caused it, Court had thrown one at Tate and it hit him right in the mouth. Now Tate was bleeding and telling me how badly he was hurt. I take him in and start washing out his mouth and notice that his front three teeth are moving with the water. His gums are bruised and two days later he lost two of the three. Luckily the third one stabilized and he should be able to keep it.
I wonder if these boys will make it to adulthood without any permanent scars that they leave on each other. His adult teeth will probably not grow in for a year or two, but it could be worse.
The ironic thing is that they weren't even fighting. It was just a game and both were having tons of fun until the tears. Can you just imagine what they could do if they were mad?
The tooth fairy came and left $5.00 for each tooth that night and Tuesday morning we went to the store for Tate to pick out some toys.

4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Whoa--$5??? I remember getting a dollar for my teeth...you've got some lucky kids :)

Joanna said...

I swear the tooth fairy is getting richer these days! My kids can never loose their teeth because our tooth fairy won't be able to afford an entire mouthfull of $5 teeth!! ;) (BTW- Ethan's jealous- he wants to loose his teeth SOOO badly!)

Double D said...

That is one nice tooth fairy...I want you as our tooth fairy!

Kate said...

That's crazy! Good thing they weren't fighting! :) And at least they were baby teeth, right? Your bulbs look great too, by the way!

counter