Sunday, October 12, 2008

Body Worlds

Friday night I went to Body Worlds 3 & The Story of the Heart down town Salt Lake at The Leonardo.

BODY WORLDS 3 is a first-of-its-kind exhibit where visitors learn about anatomy, physiology and health by viewing real human bodies. The bodies are preserved through plastination, which is a groundbreaking method for specimen preservation invented by Dr. Gunther von Hagens in 1977. BODY WORLDS 3 & the Story of the Heart features more than 200 authentic human specimens including whole body plastinates, organs, translucent body slices, and a special presentation on the heart

It was incredible. More than I expected. It took about three hours and I learned a lot. If you are thinking of going, do! It is only here until the new year and so worth going. Also, rent the head set. I was able to tune out others around me and just enjoy the experience more because of them.

I wasn't able to take pictures (because it isn't allowed and I usually follow rules) but if you are interested or just want to learning more, go to http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

I did have one complaint. Too many people. I don't understand how this happened. When I went on line to order my tickets they only sold 15 tickets every half an hour. Somehow though, we went through with about a hundred people. Making it not only crowded, but uncomfortably hot. So my suggestion to try and avoid this would be to go earlier during a week day if at all possible.

1 comment:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I have been wanting to go SOOOO bad! I am so excited to see the exhibit! I'm sure its a lot different than my cadaver from Anatomy Lab, although that was pretty cool, too :) My mom went to something similar to Body World in Las Vegas and said it was incredible.

Hey, scrapbooking is Wednesday at Monica's this week--see you then!

counter