Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fishing with the Big Boys

Court and Gentry went on a fishing trip with one of Gentry's closest friends. This was Courtland's first time going with the big boys. I was worried that he would be ignored or freeze to death. This partly did come true. He told me that he spent "80% of the time" by himself. He didn't complain about it at all though. He thought the whole trip was "the best!" Court spent most of his time shooting with Gentry's old BB gun. He had target practice on tin cans, weeds, and trees. He fished and caught about 30 fish (with daddy's help). He gathered firewood and kept the fire going. He roasted his own hot dog and marshmallows. He stayed up really late even got to sleep in his clothes.
I am so glad that Doug allowed for Court to go. I know he wouldn't have a problem but I am sure it changed the trip some too. Doug and his family have been apart of our lives since we were dating. We have never lived by each other, but we feel close. It is great to have friends like that.
I know this isn't the biggest fish Doug caught this trip, but it was the best one of him. :)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

wow! I can't believe that Courtland is old enough for stuff like that!!! Tell him my rule... NO MORE GROWING UP! (oh and tell him to check his email more often!)

counter