Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch

Saturday between conferences we headed out to pick pumpkins. It was an honor to be able to support neighbors in this effort. In February, a three year old boy in the neighborhood was diagnosed with leukemia. Another neighbor planted some pumpkins to now be sold and the profits to go to this family. I love our neighborhood. It feels like a community. For two hours friends sold pumpkins, hay bales, corn stocks, and even hot chocolate. It drizzled and rained the whole time, but (I heard) every item was sold. I hope everyone felt like it was a success.
My kids certainly loved it!

Peaches’ pumpkin


Tate’s pick


Court got the big one

Set out front


This is on old picture of Peach with the pumpkins we grew a couple years ago.

4 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Such cute pictures, April! Our neighborhood does feel like a big family--I miss it already. It is so great how everyone comes out to support whatever cause needs it.

Monica Buchanan said...

Love the pics of Peaches from last year. So cute!

Jonathonandaudrey said...

Oh how fun!! I want to go pick pumpkins with Lexi!

Joanna said...

I want those steroid pumpkin seeds that you used last year!!!!!!!

counter