Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hilton Head Island

Thursday morning I packed up our crew and Jacey packed up her boys and we headed South West to Hilton Head Island. Gentry’s cousin Melissa, and husband Dan, own a time share with Marriot and invited us for a few days to visit them and enjoy the beach. It was a mini vacation that I really enjoyed. Jacey is a great traveling buddy. Our kids couldn’t have been better in the car. I never want to do another cross country trip without a DVD player. And thank goodness for fast food. When we got there, Dan and Melissa couldn’t have been more accommodating. They took us to one of their favorite spots; a play area with a large tree house, a lighthouse, tons of tourist shops, different restaurants, and house boats docked in a beautiful bay.
Even from a young age boys seem to dream of what they would enjoy having one day…. The next day it was off to the beach and we couldn’t have made better weather ourselves. It was slightly clouded over, so not too hot, a gentle sea breeze, and water that begged us to get in. Well most of us anyway. Court played all over. In the water, with the sand, collecting shells, and touching the washed up jellyfish. Tate didn’t get out of the water the whole time. I had to keep calling him back to the water in front of us, but constantly in the water. Peaches wanted to sit on the lawn chairs, eat treats, and not get dirty. Isabel heard the waves crashing and slept in her car seat the whole time. I tried to get some pictures and watch all kids with only two eyes. I wish I could have been in the water more but I was certainly relaxed.
I am feeling closer and closer to Taydon and Kayson each day. They are such cute boys and I love seeing them grow and learn this summer. Jacey is on top of things, she just sat right down and played, played, played with them. She seems to really know what is important. Finally I tried to get Peaches in the water but you can see by this picture how that went. She liked the feel of ocean water much better when she was washing the sand off her feet and legs. We also went swimming in a few different pools, ate tons of food, talked, played cards, slept (but barely), shopped, read, laughed, and got rained on. It was great.
Thank you Melissa, Alex, Kayci, Megan, Sadie, and Dan. When thinking of the summer I spent in North Carolina I will remember these days fondly. My mini vacation to the beach was awesome and it is all because of you.

5 comments:

Emily Ann said...

when you said you were going to the beach I didn't understand, but now I do, it looks like a blast. I am glad that you got a little vacation of your own

Joanna said...

JEALOUS ME!! I've lived here 4 years, lots of our friends go there for the summer and we've never been. You're here 4 weeks and have already made room for it!! AWESOME PICTS!

Kara Simmons. said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Next time I will be there! And I love having a friend like you April! You always leave the best comments on my blog.

Heartsbane said...

I'm so glad you guys came down to the beach with us! We had such a good time hanging out with you guys, on HHI and in Charlotte! Sorry we didn't have better weather while you were there (I know - all my fault)! Hope to see you guys again before you head back "West"!

Jacey said...

That was such and awesome trip! I feel like our friend ship is growing and I've just loved having you out here this summer! And thanks for all the good laughs (critters)!!

counter