Monday, July 28, 2008

Lake Norman or Bust

Since Jacey left a week ago I have felt a bit sluggish. Apartment life has gotten old. I had all the little jobs to get done; cooking, bathing, dishes, cleaning, shopping, laundry, etc and didn’t want to do any. My children have not been on their best behavior this summer and all I can think is “who can blame them?” But it is difficult to deal with them day in and day out with no spousal support. (Is spousal even a word?) At least I can always enjoy the pool.
Now I am rejuvenated. We rented a boat for the day and had the best time! We cruised the Lake Norman, tubed, swam, talked and laughed. So much laughing! It was good to hear all the laughing. Landon, Ben and Jennifer came with (we missed you Greg and Kara) and we loved hanging out together. We ate good food, cooled off in the water, and just had the best time.
Pictures say a thousand words… I hope you can feel the emotions from these pictures.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad you were able to do something to help you get your energy back! I need to find something like that. How much longer are you guys out there?

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

SO much fun! I miss the lake already! Thanks for letting us come with you!

Jacey said...

Ah man I miss all the FUN stuff!! Miss you guys like crazy!! Oh and thank Gentry for the PICTURE of my hubby!!!

Joanna said...

You could always come down to ATL--- We'd entertain you for a few days!!! ;) Looks like you all had a blast though.

counter