Monday, November 3, 2008

New Goal

So here I am at the beginning of a new month, starting my favorite time of year. This year is going to be especially great because Gentry and I are headed out on a cruise the day after Thanksgiving. So just when I might be sick of the cold and wishing for either warmth or snow, I will start working on my tan in Mexico.
Today I am headed to a new workout class at 5:30. I know, I am NOT a morning person, but I did early morning seminary in high school for a year, I can do something else for me now. I HOPEFULLY will be attending this class five days a week for the next two months so that come January one of my resolutions will not be to get into better shape. I will already be there. :) So here is the schedule:
Mon. Upper Body Weights and Step
Tues. Cardio
Wed. Lower Body Weights
Thurs. Cardio
Sat. (sleep in a little) Cardio/Pump

If mornings are too much, I may resort to evenings, but I have read that morning exercise is better for you for a number of reasons.
1. It jump starts your metabolism
2. Helps you to maintain more energy throughout the day
3. It helps to regulate your appetite
4. You will have higher "quality" of sleep
5. It can even improve your mood

Who doesn't want to reap those benefits? Anyway, here I go.

9 comments:

Monica Buchanan said...

Good for you April. I am not a morning person, but it makes sense to workout in the morning.

Roberta said...

Good for you...I'll knock really loud when I come to drop Rachel off..it will be about naptime for you. :)

Kate said...

wow, posted at 5:08am! Good for you, April! I have no motivation to do things like that despite the benefits. Sigh.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

After a few weeks, I promise, your body will be used to it! I've been getting up to work out at 5 (or earlier) since I was 15, and I can say that it now feels weird if I don't work out first thing in the morning.

Melissa said...

Someday I'm going to try that...maybe after this baby comes!

Emily Ann said...

good luck....

Double D said...

You are going to do great. My friend and I have been hitting the gym hard and some days it is really really hard, but totally worth it!! You will feel better inside and out. Congrats on the cruise...I am jealous!!!

Bascom Family said...

I admire your ambition! With that type of commitment there is not doubt that you can accomplish anything. Where do you take your class?

Williamson Fam said...

Good luck, i love working out in the mornings, it makes my day, cause its over and done with, how fun a cruise, i need another one of those, they are the best...

counter