Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is always such a blast. As my kids get older it just gets funner. It makes me wonder if there is the same progression but in reverse once they become teenagers. I guess we will see.
We have been very busy. I was in charge of the games for Courts class party. 45 mins of activities for 9 and 10 year old kids. I was nervous I would be done and still have a half hour of stuff to get done. Luckily it was the opposite. We didn't have time to complete every game, but regardless, everyone had a good time.
This year we went to three Halloween parties. Including a family one that we go to every year. Our neighbors invite pretty much the neighborhood and everyone brings food to share. There are costume contest, donuts on a string, and kids jumping on the tramp. Everyone has such a great time and it is always good to get together as neighbors and friends. Last night was the best so far. Peach loved dancing, Tate bobbed for apples, and Court played football in his suit (yikes!)
Peaches was a purple fairy. She didn't like her wings after wearing them all day so she just went without them

When we asked Courtland what he wanted to be he couldn't decide. I made suggestion after suggestion, showed him costumes, and tried talking him into some, but he told me that they weren't really him. "What is you?" I asked. "Um, you know, like a missionary. Something like that." O.K. As Halloween got closer he decided he wanted to be a prophet. I finally gave in and got the things to make him old but after getting his makeup and hair done in the morning we talked him into just being an old man. It turned out great.

Isabel was a pumpkin. The cutest pumpkin I have ever seen.

Tate was a brave night. He totally got into it too. Tate has a fun personality, so anything he does he has a good time.
I hope everyone had as good of a season as we did. Happy Halloween!

10 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

Your kids look so cute all dressed up for Halloween. Sounds like everyone had a blast too!

Kara Simmons. said...

Court looked hilarious. The girls were adorable. And Tate looked so brave!

lucy said...

love the mustache. Now if we can get a prophet to wear one!

Jonathonandaudrey said...

They all looked awesome!! How fun!

Monica Buchanan said...

What cute costumes.

Joanna said...

so cute! I wish they could have come trick or treating at my house!!

Kayla said...

April, the kids costumes look so fun. Courtland's is my favorite- I laughed so hard when I saw and read his. :) Tell him he's going to make a great missionary, and that I think he'd make a great prophet some day.

Double D said...

Your kids are adorable...It is amazing how just seeing them in their costumes shows so much about their personalities. We miss you guys!

Melissa said...

So glad you had fun- wasn't the weather great this year? I especially love Court as an old man- very clever!

Jacey said...

Landon thinks Court looks like Phil!!

counter