Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be American

Yesterday I voted for McCain. I would have liked to have seen him win, but I happy with the outcome.
Obama is a great man who I believe will make a great president. He is the first black president. “Historic” is the word all the media uses. But I never thought that a minority president wasn’t possible so this wasn’t even an issue for me. Don’t get me wrong, it is worth noting and celebrating. I am happy to see a new face for our country. Never before had I seen people around the world celebrating for the elected president of the United States. It was moving.
I loved his speech. When he talked about those Americans he has yet to earn he says he hears your voice and he needs your help and he will be your president too. Beautiful words and a beautiful sentiment. I believe he will unify this country. He didn’t have my vote yesterday, but he has my love today. He will be my president and I am proud to be American.

4 comments:

Bascom Family said...

I really like your "about me" profile. I could really relate. There was no spot to comment there, so I thought I would comment here. I really enjoy visiting with others. Unfortuntely, I come away too often reviewing everything I said and wishing I had said less and listened more. I am definetly so far from perfect and learning a lot in this life. Thanks for being my friend and for your optimistic personality and vitality. You are a beutiful example to me. I too voted. I will continnue to hope and pray for all the leaders of our contry that they willlead with integrity, patiatism, and the good will of all in mind. It is kind of neat to have a historic moment in history with a minority leader.

Joanna said...

wonderful post,I feel the same way!

Molly Mormon said...

These sentiments are one of the reasons I've admired you since we met in Rhode Island. While others may push those with different views away, you have always been first in line to reach out your hand without giving up your position. Pray, baby pray, because we're in for a paradigm shift culturally and financially!

Laura said...

Hi, April! I'm so glad you found our blog. It will be so nice to keep up with your family. I can't believe you were in NC! We moved here last May and love it.

counter