Friday, June 27, 2008

Courtland

Court is at cub scout camp for the day. When I picked him up yesterday I asked him a couple open-ended questions with really no response. For example,


me: What was your favorite part?


Court: All of it.


me: What kinds of things did you do?


Court: Lots.


me: Like???


Court: Lots.


me (teasing): I guess you wouldn't want to go back then?


Court: Mommy. (as he rolls his eyes)


So I think he has moved into the tween stage. The in-between being a little child and a teenager.


I can't believe he is so big.


Growing up I had always wanted to be a mother. When we found out I was pregnant, it was a dream come true. For nine months we fell in love with our growing baby. I didn't think it possible to love him more. But the moment I heard his cry for the first time I was overcome with emotion. I had a rush of unconditional love flow over me. The adrenaline of just giving birth combined made me start shaking uncontrollably and I started bawling. Everything was just too much. Gentry carried Courtland over to me so I might hold him but I just couldn't. I wanted to get myself under control first. But after a few minute of trying to, I still was a wreck. I took Court in my arms and just felt love. Love for him, love from Heavenly Father, love for Gentry, love from my parents, love from Gentry's parents, so much love. It was something so special, and I will cherish those memories for my whole life.


As Courtland grew, he has always brought us much pride and joy. He is smart, loving, beautiful, spiritual, sensitive, helpful, obedient, and has a real desire to do what is right. His personality makes him fun for me, his old mom, to want to be around. I love you Court!

Here are a couple pictures of him from the past two years.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I can't believe he's so big either! I feel like I'm missing too much. It's like I blink and he's changed. Court was the first baby I fell in love with...

counter