Friday, June 20, 2008

Kevin and Robin

Kevin and Robin are my parents-in-law. They flew into Charlotte last night around eleven. Today we spent the day doing fun. We had breakfast all together this morning at IHOP. Even Gentry and Landon were able to come.
Then it was home for naps (for Kevin, Robin, Taydon, Kayson and Isabel) at least. And then off to the Reed Gold Mine. It is the site of the first documented gold find in the United States back in 1799. We went into the underground mining tunnel on a tour and our guide had a cute Southern accent and all. We ended to excursion by mining for gold where we got two gold pieces. I was thinking I could start another gold rush! :)
We had a really good day. Tate and Peach couldn't get enough attention and I think Kevin and Robin had a fun time too. I wonder what Kevin must be thinking considering he has never been East of Colorado.
I have been blessed to be in their family for almost 12 years now, and even though I call them, Kevin and Robin even Grammy and Grandpa Ramsay, I love them so much and think of them as another Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

Brady and Patrice said...

Aww, fun! I can't believe how much traveling they have done in the past year or two! Isabel is getting so big, it seems like she was just born! Hope you keep having fun in N.C.

counter