Thursday, June 19, 2008

thank you Michelle

Peach is a water baby. She has always enjoyed going to the pool. At the beginning of last year she would only play on the steps but it didn't take long until she was jumping off the diving board with her water wings and telling everyone she was like the little mermaid with her long hair.
After writing my post today I feed the kids an early dinner and we headed to the pool with plans to come home, tub and bed. The water was a bit cooler than usual so everyone laying in the sun and enjoying the heat. I glance over to the kids to check on them and my eyes go directly to the pool where Peaches is completely submerged under water, kicking. I yell something to get every ones attention while laying Isabel on the cement and debating whether I should jump in or if someone else is going to get to her quickest. Michelle, one of the Platinum wives, is going for her as quick as possible, Court jumps in the pool and is swimming to her as fast as he can, and Tate is going in too holding on to his noodle. Michelle got there first, pulls her up and she starts coughing water. Then says, "I want my bink." I hold her and wrap her in a towel and she tells me again she wants her bink. Then I see it. The bink is floating on the water in the middle of the pool. It can float, Peaches sinks. I can't believe I handled things with such calmness. We are now having bathes and then to bed. I'm glad everyone is ok.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

That was scary. You held yourself together impressingly well!

Kara Simmons. said...

What a fun day at the pool that was?! I love the new pictures you added on the side by the way! Especially of Gentry!

counter