Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where is here?

I know, I know. I have been told by many that I should have done this FOREVER ago, but I had way too many excuses not to. Like I am way too busy, I couldn't see the advantage of talking about my life without knowing who I am talking to, who would even want to read it, it is too much work, etc. But suddenly my life is topsy turvie and I have no more excuses, just a need to have something of my own. So here I am.

Where is here? I am in Charlotte, NC with a husband (Gentry) four kids (Courtland 9, Tate 5, Peaches 2, and Isabel 2 months) missing our dog of eight years (Coal) and wondering what am I going to do with all of my time. We are living in an apartment that Platinum set up for us with rented furniture and a rented van to get around in for the summer. Nothing about our life right now is what I think most would consider normal. Gentry works from noon till late (usually around ten or eleven). I spend my days with kids. We have been to the library, Walmart, and the pool. Today I went to a play group with women from our new ward and had a good time. I get to see other women here with Platinum often. Each Monday they have a recipe swap, sometimes they meet at the pool, and once a week they have a couples night where they all go out with spouses and have dinner together.

Since this is my first post I think it only right to answer the question, What do I want out of blogging? I want my post to be as honest and as real as possible without hurting others. I want this to reflect who I am now. With all my flaws. And I have quite a few. I don't want to set goals right now about how often I will write, because if I feel like it, I will. If it isn't a priority, I wont. I guess I will learn as I go.



1 comment:

Jacey said...

Yeah you have a blog!! So glad you're going through this summer adventure with us!!

counter