Monday, June 30, 2008

Watching movies together

Yesterday we went to Kung Fu Panda, a must see if you love Jack Black, which we do. Court laughed at about every joke (it is kind of cool that he is old enough to get most of the jokes), Tate laughed a bunch too and was even cracking new jokes, and Gentry was laughing so hard he started crying. Isabel slept most of the time on Gentry's lap and Peaches was by herself until she got tired then came and sat on my lap. I just loved seeing my family have a good time together.Now I've been thinking about the first time Gentry and I watched a movie together. It was the first time we got together. Gentry had invited me to his apartment to watch a movie with him and his roommates. When I got there, there were two other girls already there. I tried to figure out what kind of a set up this was. Had Landon, Pete or Chad (Gentry's roommates) invited them over? Had Gentry just asked a bunch of people over and he wasn't really interested in me? It was just about now that I notice a huge wipe board with about 25-35 girl’s names and phone numbers, all written in cute hand writing. Each girl trying to make their name stand out in some way. Landon says to me, "You should write your phone number up there, so we have it." I look him straight in the eye and say, "If Gentry wants my phone number he can ask me for it and write it down himself." I asked Amber (the friend I brought with me) if we should just go and while debating that, the other two girls leave. "What movie did you rent?" Amber asks. The answer, "Congo" …
Looking back I think how stupid these guys were. I mean COME ON Congo? It isn't exactly going to win points with any girl. If they wanted action they should have rented a romance movie. If they wanted to be close, maybe a scary movie. If not sure where you want the evening to go a comedy is probably a safe bet. But Congo? Really boys…
Seating arrangements are made. Amber sat on the couch with Landon and Chad. Gentry and I on a HUGE, UGLY orange chair (really I wish I had a picture of this thing). I don’t remember the movie other than it was stupid, but I do remember that Gentry didn’t touch me the whole night. Not even his arm brushing up against my arm while eating popcorn. It was a strange first outing. I’m glad it wasn’t the last.

1 comment:

Emily Ann said...

I want that picture of your family, would you mind emailing it to me?
thanks.

counter