Monday, June 16, 2008

Farmer's Market


Tate and Isabel. He can not keep his hands off her.


Jacey, Kara, and I want to the farmer's market here on Saturday. Let me tell you what. I loved it. We found all kinds of yummy food. They had fruits, veggies, flowers, and crafts. I got peaches, apples, AWESOME fresh made salsa, some corn on the cob, and garlic cloves just dug up from the ground. We ended with getting some homemade ice cream.


I want to find out the hours and maybe go more often. It would be a nice way to start a shopping day considering how much I enjoy grocery shopping (can you say, stick a needle in my eye). When I see the picture of me and my kids, I understand why I get such strange looks. I am crazy. It is a wonder I can keep track of everyone.
Here's a picture of Kara with some of her goods. She is one crazy chick. I really dig her.

I have to say something here about us all loading in the van. There is Me, Jacey, Kara, Court, Tate, Peach, Izzy, Taydon, and Kayson. If you were counting that's 9 and NO there is not that many seats available. We just make it work and pile on in. It is quite an ordeal just to get from point a to point b but what is the alternative? Stay in the apartment all day? I don't think so.

After the farmer's market we headed to Best Buy. Court had a gift certificate from his birthday that he was dying to spend. After looking around and really debating the choices, he got Dance Dance Revolution. What a perfect choice! It is a fun fun game. We came home and directly started playing it. After about an hour there was a knock on my door and who could it be? My downstairs neighbor telling me that they are having a problem with the kids stomping. At 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday. I apologized and had the kids stop, but ... what's a mom of four to do? Something has to be done. I need to talk to the office and find out what the noise guidelines are. I want to be respectful of others, but at the same time we need to be able to play. I will keep you posted. Instead of worrying any more about it we went to the pool, had pizza, got hair cuts and read more from a book together. We are currently reading The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. Such a great book to read out loud to the kids. Then bed! I spent the rest of the evening playing on the internet and cleaning up.

Sunday was church. I sub'd in Court's primary class. And the kids sang to there dad. Peach was dying to go up and sing to Daddy "I'm so glad when daddy comes home... and give him what? A great big kiss!" but she just did it from where we sat. After church is just another Sunday afternoon. We drink Gentry in. We can't get enough of him. He must feel like he is getting malled all day because everyone wants to wrestle and have his attention. At five we went to a BBQ. We ate and talked till we had to leave for Izabel to eat. Who does she think she is? :) After another half hour we headed to Landon's to play games and talk some more. I am loving this summer.

3 comments:

Emily Ann said...

hahaha, I don't think it is hip to say you "dig" anyone anymore, you are dating yourself :P

Kara Simmons. said...

Yay! You dig me! I am honored. Farmers market same time this Saturday? For sure!!!! I need some of that salsa!

Joanna said...

I jealous, I've only been to one farmers market and I LOVED IT! I'd shop there 100% of the time if it were anywhere close to the house!!
I also think you should continue with DDR :) (oh, and "DIG" is still in.. just not at BYU, I guess!!):)

counter