Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dinner Group

Some of you might have noticed the new link on the side of my blog, "What's for Dinner?"

For most of these past three years I have only made dinner on average two times a week for my family. Don't think for one minute that we eat out a lot or spend most days with macaroni n cheese. In fact it is quite the opposite. I cook once during the week days and then we usually get pizza or BBQ hot dogs once on the weekends and of course something yummy on Sunday. Let me explain how this is possible.

I have been privileged to be part of a dinner group with three other women. Each of us cook for each other's families once a week. We get together once every two months and come up with a menu. In order to make sure that we all aren't planning chicken all the same week. Then we make the main dish for four families. It is awesome! By buying in bulk we save money. We eat a much bigger variety. We try things we wouldn't normally and end up finding new recipes. I think one of the best benefits is each day I am not stressing over what's for dinner. I already know.

Thank you Shari for bringing this opportunity before us so long ago. Thanks to Melissa, Holly, Shari and now Megan for all the yummy meals. It has been an honor to cook for you and to enjoy your labor.

We really do eat so good and have tried and tested many recipes. We have decided to start our own cooking/recipe blog. We are happy to share these recipes with all of you. http://recipesyum.blogspot.com/
We would love for anyone to try any of these recipes out and welcome your comments. If you have a variety of something or think that some of these could be improved upon, we would love some suggestions.
Happy cooking to you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, what a great idea!

Michelle said...

I love all of the new pictures!

cally said...

I love you.

I resent dinner.

I know you probably get this a lot, but is her name Peaches, or are you using nicknames? I LOVE IT!!

Melissa said...

I started a dinner group 1 1/2 years ago and love it- thanks for the great idea!

Joanna said...

THIS is another ones of those things that makes me wish I lived by you--- I WANT TO BE IN YOUR DINNER GROUP!! (Is Georgia outside of your delivery area! :) )

counter