Friday, September 12, 2008

Sew Good

My mother-in-law is amazing. She can do it all. She designs flower arrangements, she has an amazing yard laid out and maintained by both her and her husband, she bottles everything from fruit and veggies to meat. One talent that is unmatched is her ability to sew and alter clothing from anything.
This was made crystal clear to me one visit to her house when Court was little. It snowed a ton during the days we were there and we wanted to go hooky-bobbing. I only had Courts coat for him and was worried about him getting cold. Robin looks through the coat closet and found an old coat. Disappears into her sewing room for three minutes (no exaggeration) then comes out with snow bibs made to tailor fit Court. We all went and played in the snow, stayed warm, and had the best time.
Other sewing feats that have amazed me are the prom dresses for her daughters. She even made Kisper's wedding dress, and altered Kayla's.


This last weekend she amazed me again. By calling and getting Peaches measurements she made three beautiful little dresses for her granddaughters. It was fun to see them all dressed alike.



I really need to improve my own sewing skills, but I never think I will be able to live up to this.

4 comments:

Jonathonandaudrey said...

I knew that she could sew.. But that's just amazing.. Yeah I don't have a clue how to sew..

Kate said...

man, i wish i could do things like that... i'm excited if i'm successful in hemming adam's pants. i told him to just stop buying pants unless they fit him just right. :)

Unknown said...

wow, those dresses look store bought!! I can sew but not nearly that well!

Joanna said...

you know I'm a sucker for matching dresses! SO CUTE!

counter