Monday, September 1, 2008

Cleaning out the Freezer

Yesterday night since I we recently got back into town from a long vacation I figured I should probably clean out the freezer. You know to make room for all the ice cream I am going to buy. I guess it was long over due because I found frost bitten meat, some dead looking hamburger buns, and shrimp dated from...
2003!
That was the year we moved in.
Three of my four children are younger than that shrimp.
Then I still debated whether or not to throw it out. What is my problem? Part of my issue was seeing the price I spent on that shrimp. Plus, I do love shrimp.
I am happy to report it is in my trash now stinking up my kitchen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I always have a hard time cleaning out the freezer...for that very reason..I feel like i am throwing away money! Sometimes I just put it back in and keep it anyways even though I know we won't eat it because its so old!

Spring E. Smith said...

I've thrown it back into the freezer again and again thinking just if... and then never using it. Should come and visit! Shrimp here is dirt cheap, now that I think about it its cheaper than milk...scary.

Molly Mormon said...

Hilarious! I often have the same problem when deciding what to throw out, but I think your litnus test--any food older than your kids goes! I think there's a cross-stitch pillow saying somehwere in that wisdom.

Katydid said...

Thanks for a laugh out loud. Kids younger than shrimp--priceless. (hmm I thought you said you would probably be really busy to blog--3 posts this month!)

counter