Tuesday, September 30, 2008

McCain for President?

Since I was first 18 I have voted in every national election. I have voted a republican for president and I have voted for a democrat for president. This year as November creeps forward, I have still not decided who I want to vote for.

I thought that the debate last week would help me resolve some issues. I appreciated that they took the first half an hour to talk about the proposed bailout. Although the bailout didn’t pass in the end, I feel like I better understand the issues.

I thought that McCain was going to score higher in this debate on foreign policies. Mainly because of his experience, this is clearly stronger and better than Obama’s in this field. Watching the debate didn’t leave me with a feeling that there was a clear winner. Obama did a good job of showing that he did have a good handle on foreign policy issues. One thing I did not like concerning Obama was the eye rolling and laughing to himself when he disagreed with McCain. Come on, how old are we? I would think that a law school professor (BIG PLUS in my mind) would be more respectful when another was talking. McCain did take the more aggressive attacking stance much like his background as a fighter pilot.

So I guess I will look forward to the debate between Vice Presidents. Biden has much more experience than Palin does. I wonder if she will be able to hold her own the way Obama did. One thing is for sure, we will be seeing more Saturday Night Live skits from this whole thing.

2 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I love your blog, April. You have some really great insights to life, and your pictures are great. Too bad I'm out of the neighborhood, since we are just starting to get to know each other better :) I'm glad you come to scrapbooking day--its fun with you there!

Good luck with the new strength training program, now that you are no longer a "nursing mama!" Love it!

Jonathonandaudrey said...

Hey April.. So my mom commented on this like 2 or 3 times.. And she called and told me that it wouldn't work.. I told her you probably had to approve the comment before it showed up.. So she wanted me to tell you sorry for commenting twice.. She's new at the blog stuff!!

counter