Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good Bye Charlotte

Four days after Courtland’s last day of school we took a plane to North Carolina to be with Gentry for the summer. And tomorrow, four days before fourth grade we will be flying back, leaving Gentry for only over a week before he joins us.
What can I say about the summer? I have loved it. Mostly because of the people I spent it with. Michelle is a good mother to Cale who is a “go with the flow” kind of kid. She is loyal and an example of a good friend. I have enjoyed getting to know her.Kara is the party. She has a positive attitude and always willing to do it all. She is creative in everything she does and I like her recipes too. Since the first time I met her she instantly jumped in to help with the kids before I even had an opportunity to ask. She has made the summer fun. Jennifer and I had an instant bond. We have had more hearts to hearts to count. I have enjoyed the time we have spent together and look forward to meeting her little one. I like how responsible Jennifer is and she seems mature for her age. Jacey is my sister-in-law and we are now close like sisters. Taydon and Kayson will probably not remember our time together but I love them more because of all we were able to do. She always wants to make everyone happy and goes out of her way to help us all feel that way. She is a peace maker. I have loved our time together and look forward having our relationship grow.I love you all. I am grateful for your friendship and support. Thank you for helping out with my kids and for being tolerant of their (and maybe my) fits. I hope that we can stay in touch and continue to build a friendship that can last our lifetimes. Thank you ladies it has been a fun summer.

2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

We are going to miss you April! You are so sweet! You gave such wonderful compliments to everyone! Those sweet words make me forgive you already for putting up that awful picture of me! Have a fun flight tomorrow!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I was so sad today when I woke up and realized you were already on your way back to Utah! The next week and a half won't be the same without you! Luckily we live close so we'll have to get together lots when we get back!

counter