Monday, August 4, 2008

Supporting Local Farmers


Kevin and Robin have started the harvest for this year.
We want to support them how ever we can.
But being on the other side of the country makes it a bit hard.

Saturday we went to farmers market (again.)
I love it, we are supporting local farmers sharing their goods.

My list usually looks like this:
homemade salsa
peaches
some other kind of fruit, usually blueberries, apples, or watermelon
homemade granola
homemade ice cream
check out the crafts (there are some bracelets and earrings I love)
smell the flowers
and if we are all hungry we get hotdogs and lemon aide

2 comments:

Joanna said...

let's do this while I'm up there next weekend!

Doug Wallace said...

I used to go by a farmer's stand everytime I went to my therapist since it was right down the road. Unfortunately, they moved and now I don't know where to go. Great veggies, though.

counter