Friday, August 1, 2008

Events of the week

The week is almost over. I can’t believe it. We visited Charlotte’s Nature Museum, a Vietnam War Memorial Wall, and North Carolina Zoological Park.
The nature museum was fun for the kids, lots of exhibits, tons of hands on things. My favorite moment was when a butterfly landed on Jennifer’s stomach. She is pregnant and it was like the butterfly wanted to be close to her baby. She couldn’t get it to fly off her. An employee had to take it off her. The memorial wall was more for us adults. I have never been to a memorial like this before. (Actually I guess I did in Hawaii at the Pearl Harbor Memorial, but that was on a different scale) There was something reverent about touching the men’s names who have given their lives for our country. If I was a poet I might be able to express the emotion but…
The zoo was great. We meet with Melissa and kids (Gentry’s cousin). Fun that the kids all ready knew each other so no strangeness between them. It was such a hot day so we had to buy ice cream for $3 each and cool off by the fans but totally worth the hour and a half drive. I liked the laid out of the zoo. It seemed like the animals were living in more natural surroundings.


It's been a great week. I hope your was just as fun. Oh and in case you missed it, the picture of Tate being a bug... yes he had peed his pants.

3 comments:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Haha! When I saw the pic of Tate, I totally thought he had peed his pants, but I didn't remember that happening, so I was so confused! Gotta love little kids!

Joanna said...

I love that the giraffe were there in the same spot with the zebras... looks way less "staged" (or caged!). and BTW- Tate's going to be so irritated when he comes back and reads your blog as an adult and sees that you brought attention to his "spot" :)

Unknown said...

We love that zoo too. Our kids never get tired of it!!

counter